Minutes of Lockton Parish Council Meetings 2012/2013

For: May 2012 (AGM) May 2012
June 2012
July 2012
Sept 2012
Oct 2012
Nov 2012
Feb 2013
Mar 2013


Minutes of the Meeting of Lockton Parish Council held on Monday May 14th 2012 at 7.30pm in Lockton Village Hall


Present: Cllrs. Chester Brown, Liz Stead, Jennifer Halmshaw, David Stewart. Also Sandra Culley. Clerk: Jackie Edenbrow.

The Parish meeting was not required.

Annual General Meeting.

A1205/01 Appointment of Officers
Jennifer Halmshaw proposed that Chester Brown remained as Chairman & David Stewart seconded this. Liz Stead proposed that Jennifer Halmshaw was vice-chairman & David Stewart seconded this.

A1205/02 Apologies
There were apologies from Chris King.

A1205/03 Minutes of last AGM
These were agreed & signed as a true record.

A1205/04 Accounts
The Clerk handed out the accounts & summary accounts for the year 2011/12 . These were discussed and David Stewart proposed that these were accepted and Liz Stead seconded this. They were signed by Chester Brown & Jackie Edenbrow.

A1205/05 Any other business
None.

Signed…………G C Brown……….(Chairman)
Date……………13 May 2013
top of page


Minutes of the Meeting of Lockton Parish Council held on Monday March 18th 2013 at 7.30pm in Lockton Village Hall


Present: Cllrs. Chester Brown, Liz Stead, Jennifer Halmshaw, David Stewart & Chris King. Also Adrian Bury. Clerk Jackie Edenbrow. 

1303/01 Apologies
There were no apologies.

1303/02 Declaration of interests
Chris King declared an interest in item 1303/04 /06.

1303/03 Minutes of last meeting
These were agreed & signed as a true record. 

1303/04 Matters arising/ ongoing:
/01 Village well / village seat
Clair Shields from NYMNP has emailed David Stephenson with the figure of £3217 which is available for him to spend on the seat. There is no news about the well. The Clerk will email Clair to find out the latest position.
/02 CIF grants including New Homes Bonus
The Parish Council has received the money for the grant so a cheque will be sent to Lockton Village Hall Committee.
/03 Grass Cutting
Chris King has volunteered to take over the grass cutting. Tony Edenbrow has said that he will help out if necessary if Chris is on holiday etc. Chris asked if Tony would show him what was involved at each site. The Clerk will arrange this when the weather improves. A letter has been received from NYCC regarding grass cutting requesting risk assessments etc for this year. Chris signed the risk assessment. The Clerk will post this information to NYCC. The possibility of putting sheep in the churchyard was discussed. The Clerk will discuss this at the next Lockton PCC meeting.
/04 Japanese knotweed
Jennifer & Jackie met NYMNP Simon Hirst and he checked out which areas in the Howl had Japanese knotweed. He has sent the agreement for the work & the Clerk signed & returned it. The Parish Council will allow the students to carry out the work on our land each September for 3 years. NYMNP will pay for the chemicals. Simon has also contacted David Foster but will not require going on his land.
/05 Undergounding electricity
The Clerk had contacted Northern Powergrid regarding coming to a Parish Council meeting but had a reply that all undergrounding work had been suspended. The Clerk would be informed when the programme started again.
/06 Parking - including letter from A & G Bury
It was agreed that details of last month’s meeting with PC Andy Marsden would be put in the next Cryer. NYMNP David Smith is expecting the ‘residential parking’ signs to arrive next week. Chris King declared an interest regarding the letter from A Bury. The letter was read out & Adrian Bury explained the reasons behind it. It was decided that it was not a Parish Council matter and if Adrian wanted any advice he should contact the police.
/07 Thornton Ward Councils meeting 
The first meeting has taken place. Some of the discussions did not involve Lockton as they were concerning RDC not NYMNP. The Clerk had requested a list of phone extensions for RDC which would make phoning RDC easier. These are to be arranged. There had also been a discussion on Council tax on empty properties.

1303/05 Correspondence: 
/01 NYMNP – Moors bus leaflets & poster
On the village noticeboard.
/02 RDC – Parish Liaison meeting – advance notice 
Details noted. 
Adrian Bury left the meeting.
/03 NYCC – Ryedale Area Committee meeting – notice & agenda
Details noted.
/04 NYCC –Vacancies for Co-opted members for Ryedale Area Committee
No interest.
/05 NYCC –Local & Family History Day – poster
Already on village noticeboard.
/06 HM Revenue & Customs – VAT refund
To file.
/07 HM Revenue & Customs – Payment for 2013
To be sent.
/08 HM Revenue & Customs – Real Time PAYE
The Clerk will need to look into what is required.  
/09 North Yorkshire Police – Jan & Feb statistics
On village hall noticeboard.
/10 R Lloyd – 2 emails
Details noted.
/11 Police & Crime Commissioner – Police & Crime Plan consultation
Details noted.
/12 North Yorkshire County Homeless Group – poster
Details noted.
/13 Clerks & Councils Direct
On village hall noticeboard.  
/14 Plantscape News – catalogue
No interest.
/15 Sovereign – play equipment leaflet
No interest.
/16 Any late post – RDC – Council Tax Payment poster
This is explained on the Council Tax bill.

1303/06 Cheques for signing:  
/01 J Edenbrow – clerks salary – £320.00
/02 HM Revenue & Customs – clerks income tax - £80.00 
/03 J Edenbrow – clerks expenses including laminator - £61.42
/04 Lockton Village Hall – hall rental - £45.00
/05 Lockton Village Hall – CIF grant - £1304.00

1303/07 Planning: 
None

1303/08 New Business
/01 Mower service
The mower and tractor both need servicing. The Clerk had checked on prices at Steam & Moorland in Pickering. These were a little less than Campbells was last year. There were always extra parts needed & it was decided to try Steam & Moorland this year. The Clerk will arrange collection.
/02 Sewage blocking drain
Jennifer had contacted Yorkshire Water about sewage coming up the drain near the Howl. The Clerk had contacted NYCC Highways who had come & jetted the drain. They confirmed that it was sewage. Both they & the Clerk had contacted RDC Environmental Health. Someone from RDC is coming to check the drain tomorrow. The Clerk & Jennifer will meet her.
/03 BT phone box
The poor state of the paintwork on the phone box has been reported to the Council. It was decided that this was not a Parish Council matter.
/04 Stone work at Cherry Tree Farm
The stonework on the new extension at Cherry Tree Farm has been reported to the Council. As this had been built to the specification of NYMNP it was not a Council matter. Jennifer said that a similar new build in Levisham had initially looked out of place but the stonework had been treated & now blended in.  
/05 Potholes
Some potholes have been repaired but Liz said that Crossdale was getting very bad. It was decided to wait until the next financial year before reporting them

1303/09 Date of next meeting
The next meeting will be on Monday April 15th 2013 at 7.30pm.
The Chairman thanked those present and the meeting closed at 9.10pm.

Signed……G C Brown……(Chairman)
Date………15 April 2013.
top of page


Minutes of the Meeting of Lockton Parish Council held on Monday February 11th 2013 at 7.30pm in Lockton Village Hall

Present: Cllrs. Chester Brown, Liz Stead, Jennifer Halmshaw, David Stewart & Chris King. Also Jason Winspear, James Winspear, Geoff Winspear, John Taylor, Laura Hields, Robert Lloyd, Mary Lloyd, Sue Warriner, Alex Warriner, Tony Edenbrow, Steve Bentley, David Foster, Brenda Blakeley, Ange Bullimore, Sandra Culley, Colin Culley, Emma Jane Leighton, David Stephenson, Duncan Gledhill, Sue Slack & P.C. Andy Marsden. Clerk Jackie Edenbrow. 

1302/01 Apologies
There were no apologies.

1302/02 Declaration of interests
There were no declarations of interest.

1302/03 Minutes of last meeting
These were agreed & signed as a true record. 

1302/04 Visit by PC Andy Marsden
PC Andy Marsden started the open discussion by explaining some of the common parking problems and what the legal position was in these circumstances. There then followed a long questions and answers session. It turns out that many residents are actually parking illegally. As regards parking on the greens, this is not a police matter and would require a bye-law to stop it. After nearly an hours session, Chester closed the discussion and thanked PC Andy Marsden for coming.
PC Andy Marsden & all the residents except David Stephenson & David Foster then left the meeting.

1302/05 Matters arising/ ongoing:
/01 Village well / village seat
David Stephenson explained the reasoning behind the new designs for the seat & these were discussed in detail. The preferred option was the free standing curved seat. This could be larger if the grant would cover this. The Clerk will email Clair Shields at NYMNP to check up on how much could be spent on the seat. David Stephenson had not heard from the stone waller. Chester thanked David Stephenson for coming.
David Stephenson then left the meeting.
/02 CIF grants including New Homes Bonus
A grant of £1304.00 has been awarded to Lockton for village hall kitchen improvements. The Clerk has signed & returned the acceptance form.
/03 Grass Cutting
There has been no response to the second notice in the Cryer. The Clerk will arrange for posters to be put up in Thornton.
/04 Play area Inspection
A quote has been received from Pennine Playgrounds for play area inspection. It is much higher than the RoSPA inspection fee. It was decided that as RoSPA had eventually produced a reasonable report that the Council would continue to ask RoSPA to inspect the play area.
/05 Precept/Council Tax 
Correspondence from RDC had not been clear so the Clerk had asked for confirmation that Lockton PC would receive the Precept requested of £2250. This has been confirmed.
/06 Japanese knotweed
The January meeting with NYMNP Simon Hirst was cancelled because of snow. Another meeting has now been arranged for February 20th.
/07 Undergounding electricity
Northern Powergrid only wanted a meeting with villagers nearer the time of work commencing. Chester had asked the Clerk if a meeting could be arranged for the Council. A representative from Northern Powergrid has said that he will come to the next PC meeting.
/08 Potholes, Street cleaning 
The Clerk had talked to Ian at NYCC Highways who said that only very bad potholes could now be repaired. The Clerk will monitor these. This time the snow came after the Clerk had asked for the street cleaner. The Clerk will ask again when the weather improves.

1302/06 Correspondence: 
/01 NYMNP – Community Forum 
This open meeting will take place in October. NYMNP are asking for volunteers to help arrange the meeting. Details of this were put in the last Cryer. 
/02 NYMNP – Southern Area Parish Forum – poster & agenda
Jennifer & Jackie will attend this.
/03 NYMNP – Guidance notes on Planning Policies for residential & Holiday Change of Use
We have previously received this information.
/04 RDC – National Flood Forum Roadshow poster
This has been put on the village noticeboard. 
/05 RDC – Register of Electors 2013
To file.
/06 RDC – The Ryedale Plan – consultation on proposed changes 
As Lockton’s planning comes under NYMNP, this is for information only.  
/07 RDC – High Speed Broadband in Ryedale
90% of properties should have high speed broadband by the end of 2014.
/08 RDC – Warmer Together Project
On village noticeboard.
/09 YLCA – Ryedale Branch Meeting – minutes & agenda
Details noted.
/10 YLCA – White Rose Update
On village hall noticeboard.
/11 Rural Action Yorkshire – Thornton Ward Councils meeting
Jennifer & Jackie will attend this meeting.    
/12 Barclays – Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Details noted.
/13 Clerks & Councils Direct
On village hall noticeboard. Yearbook to file.  
/14 Glasdon – bin, seat etc. leaflets
No interest.
/15 Any late post
None.

1302/07 Cheques for signing:  
None

1302/08 Planning: 
/01 NYM/2012/0669/FL application to allow letting unit to persons living/working in RDC area at Charm View, Kingthorpe – decision - granted 
/02 NYM/2012/0764/CLE application for certificate of lawfulness for use of The Little Barn as a holiday cottage in excess of 10 years at Ivy Cottage 
This application is due to planning never having been obtained for the conversion. There were no objections. The Clerk to email.
/03 NYM/2013/0062/MEIA application for potash mine etc near Sneaton
It was felt that no discussion was necessary as this application was not near the Parish.

1302/09 New Business
/01 Speed of school bus
A resident has complained about the speed of one of the school buses when near residents walking on Hudgin Lane. It was decided that this resident should complain to the school with all the details.

1302/10 Date of next meeting
The next meeting will be on Monday March 18th 2013 at 7.30pm.
The Chairman thanked those present and the meeting closed at 9.30pm.

Signed…………………GC Brown…….(Chairman)
Date……………18 March 2013
top of page

Minutes of the Meeting of Lockton Parish Council held on Wednesday November 28th 2012 at 7.30pm in Lockton Village Hall


Present: Cllrs. Chester Brown, Liz Stead, Jennifer Halmshaw, & Chris King. Clerk Jackie Edenbrow.

1211/01 Apologies
There were apologies from David Stewart.

1211/02 Declaration of interests
The following declarations of interests were made:
Liz Stead – item 1211/07/01
Chris King– item 1211/05/14

1211/03 Minutes of last meeting
These were agreed & signed as a true record. 

1211/04 Matters arising/ ongoing:
/01 Village well / village seat
Ongoing.
/02 CIF grants including New Homes Bonus
The grant applications for village hall improvements / noticeboards were completed at the last meeting of the Thornton ward group which the Clerk attended. The meeting at RDC to decide whether to approve these grants is this week and if approved cheques will be sent out in December.
/03 Grass Cutting
Another note has been put in the Cryer just sent out asking if anyone is interested in taking on the job with more details given this time.
/04 Play area Inspection
There has been no response yet to the letter sent.
/05 Overnight / residential parking
Parking at both ends of the village was discussed. David Smith from NYMNP had said at the last Parish Forum that he could provide residents only parking signs. Jennifer Halmshaw had discussed this with residents & they would like the Council to obtain some. The Clerk will phone David. Concerns about parking large vehicles between the YHA & village hall have been raised by residents since the couple of accidents. It was decided that the Clerk would ask Andy Marsden, our neighbourhood policeman, for advice.
/06 Japanese Knotweed
This problem had been raised at the last Parish Forum meeting. Jennifer Halmshaw has since spoken to Simon Hirst at NYMNP. Whilst he cannot directly help, he said that he would try to arrange for the removal of Japanese knotweed from the Howl as a college project for apprentices. He would contact Jennifer when he had more details. 

1211/05 Correspondence: 
/01 NYMNP – Southern Parish Forum – meeting agenda 
Jennifer & the Clerk had attended this meeting.
/02 NYMNP – Residential & Holiday change of use proposals guidance notes
To file.
/03 NYMNP – Management Plan – summary & virtual launch poster
On the village noticeboard.
/04 NYMNP – Moors Messenger
On the village hall noticeboard.
/05 NYMNP – Design Guide Part 5 New agricultural buildings draft guide & consultation
Liz Stead took the document. This will then be filed.
/06 RDC – Precept for Financial Year 2013/2014
Last year it was decided to increase the precept by £200 each year for three years. It was agreed that this should go ahead this year as agreed. This means that the precept will increase from £2050 to £2250. The RDC form was completed & signed.
/07 RDC – Police Commissioner posters
These had been put on the village noticeboard as required.
/08 RDC – Parish liaison meeting minutes
These are now sent by email. The items of relevance to Lockton were that the Boundary Commission were leaving boundaries unchanged in this area and RDC Councillors will be discussing a report on Closed Churchyards.
/09 NYCC – Ryedale Area Committee – notice & agenda
Details noted.
/10 NYCC –North Yorkshire Local Resilience Forum – community resilience scheme
Details noted.
/11 YLCA – White Rose Update
On village hall noticeboard.
/12 YLCA –training programme Dec 2012 – March 2013
Details noted.
/13 North Yorkshire Police – October stats
On village hall noticeboard.
/14 The Fire Brigades Union – closure of Snainton Fire Station
Chris King declared an interest. There were concerns that the closure of Snainton fire station would result in degraded response times. There was particular concern about road accidents and when there are widespread flooding problems. The Clerk will email the local Fire & Rescue authority member.      
/15 Northern Powergrid – wayleaves payment and name change
The wayleaves payment has been made for this year.
/16 HM Revenue & Customs – getting ready for PAYE Real Time Information  
Payment details will need to be updated online every time a payment is made instead of annually as at present. This starts in April 2013.
/17 Clerks & Councils Direct
On village hall noticeboard.
/18 Any late post – Glasdon – bin leaflet.
No interest.
/19 Any late post – Barclays – Business credit cards
No interest.

1211/06 Cheques for signing:
/01 A Edenbrow – grass cutting - £972.00
/02 Wallis Business Services – computer inks - £212.35

1211/07 Planning: 
/01 NYM/2012/0742/CU  change of use of building to form B&B accommodation at Farfields Farm
Liz Stead declared an interest. The application was discussed. There were no objections. The Clerk will email.

1211/08 New Business
/01
Potholes
There are some bad potholes again. The Clerk will phone NYCC Highways when the flooding subsides.
/02 Laminator
The Clerk currently uses her personal laminator but has no real need for one. This is now malfunctioning. It was decided that the Parish Council would purchase a new one. The Clerk will arrange this.

1211/09 Date of next meeting
As the village hall is booked up on Mondays in January, the next meeting will be on Wednesday January 9th 2013 at 7.30pm.
The Chairman thanked those present and the meeting closed at 9.15pm.

Signed…G C Brown….(Chairman)
Date……………9/1/13
top of page

Minutes of the Meeting of Lockton Parish Council held on Monday October 22nd 2012 at 7.30pm in Lockton Village Hall


Present: Cllrs. Chester Brown, Liz Stead, Jennifer Halmshaw, David Stewart & Chris King. Clerk Jackie Edenbrow. Also Sandra Culley.

Sandra Culley asked if two items could be added to the new business part of the agenda. This was agreed. Sandra Culley left the meeting.

1210/01 Apologies
None.

1210/02 Declaration of interests
None.

1210/03 Minutes of last meeting
These were agreed & signed as a true record. 

1210/04 Matters arising/ ongoing:
/01 Village well/ village seat
Clair Shields from NYMNP has emailed to ask if we had any plans to start work on the pinfold part of the project. It was decided not to continue with this. The Clerk will email Clair. The Clerk has spoken to David Stephenson. He is waiting to hear from the stone waller before he can start work on the well. He has some more ideas about the seat and would probably like to come to a PC meeting to discuss these. The Clerk will speak to David again about this.
/02 CIF grants including New Homes Bonus
At the meeting of the Thornton ward group on October 1st, it was decided that the New Homes Bonus part of the CIF grant for Thornton ward would be spent on village halls and noticeboards. The village hall committee is getting quotes for a kitchen refurbishment and these will be put forward to the next meeting of the group on October 29th.
/03 Grass Cutting
Only one person has enquired about this job. He is retiring early next year and so is looking for some extra work. Unfortunately he lives in Filey and would like £12 per hour. It was decided that it should be someone living closer as weather conditions can vary and also the rate was too high. The Clerk will email with this decision. Extra information will be put in the next Cryer. Also the Clerk will make enquiries about putting a job notice up in the other villages in Thornton ward.

1210/05 Correspondence:
/01 NYMNP – Community Facilities Survey 2012
This was completed and the Clerk will email the results.
/02 NYMNP – Southern Area Parish Forum – minutes & notice for next meeting 
Jennifer and Jackie will attend this meeting.
/03 NYMNP – LEADER small scale enhancements scheme –additional funding
There was no interest in this extra funding.
/04 RDC – flyer for online newsletter
Already placed on the village noticeboard.
/05 RDC – notice of election for Police Commissioner
Already placed on the village noticeboard.
/06 RDC – Parish Liaison meeting – agenda & minutes
Details noted.
/07 RDC – 2nd Precept payment
To file. 
/08 RDC – Consultation on Council Tax Benefit changes
On village noticeboard.
/09 NYCC – temporary road closure of Mill Bank Road
Details of this road closure was put in the last Cryer.
/10 NYCC – Ryedale area committee meeting – agenda & notice
 Details noted.
/11 NYCC – Northern Ryedale Children’s Centre – programme of events
Already placed on the village noticeboard.
/12 NYCC – Moor to Sea cycle route – route signing
Details noted.
/13 NYCC – Remittance advice for grass cutting payment
To file.
/14 YLCA – Ryedale Branch meeting – minutes & notice
Details noted.
/15 Rural Action Yorkshire – Country Air newsletter
On village hall noticeboard.
/16 Rural Action Yorkshire – Annual Report & accounts 2011 – 2012
On village hall noticeboard.
/17 Rural Action Yorkshire – Agenda & minutes
Details noted.
/18 Rural Action Yorkshire –
Trustees nomination form
There was nointerest.
/19 North Yorkshire Police – August & September statistics
On village hall noticeboard. 
/20 HM Revenue & Customs – PAYE payment overdue
The clerk had rung them to say that only an annual payment was made. This information could not be held on their records from year to year.
/21 RoSPA – Play Area Inspection report
The report for 2012 has new photos but the wording is identical to 2011 even though there are problems with some equipment.
/22 Playsafety Ltd – correspondence regarding the inspection report
The clerk had emailed regarding the identical wording of the two reports highlighting in particular one of the springies. The report finding was that the handles and footrests were protruding. The item has decayed so much that there are no longer any handles or footrests. The replies were regarded as not answering the questions. It was decided that the Clerk should write to RoSpa/ Play Safety raising the concerns. Payment should be withheld until there is an adequate response. Also the Clerk will cancel any further annual inspections. An inspection will be arranged next year with a different company.
/23 Clerks & Councils Direct
On village hall noticeboard.
/24 Glasdon – Offers leaflet
No interest. 
/25 Any late post – posters for the Secretary of State member vacancy
On village and village hall noticeboards.

1210/06 Cheques for signing:
/01 Middleton Service Station – mower petrol – confirmation of payment - £47.66
/02 Middleton Service Station – mower petrol - £28.41
/03 Playsafety Ltd – play area inspection - £97.20 – dependant on items 1210/05/21 & 22
This was not paid – see item 1210/05/22

1210/07 Planning:
/01 NYM/2012/0669/FL application to allow letting unit to persons living/working in RDC area at Charm View, Kingthorpe
There were no objections. The clerk will email.

1210/08 New Business
/01 Cryer for Levisham
A suggestion that copies of the Cryer should be put up in Levisham was discussed. It was decided that now that the Cryer was online and that posters for events were displayed in the shop there was adequate access to this information. The clerk will email Sandra Culley.
/02 Overnight parking
The problem of overnight parking by the village boundary and parking generally in the village was discussed. It was decided that this problem would be raised at the Parish Forum by asking for it to be on the agenda. It was also decided that if a vehicle was seen to be parking overnight, its number should be reported to the Rural Watch. The clerk will email Sandra Culley and also the NYMNP regarding the forum agenda.
/03 Japanese knotweed
The problem of the Japanese knotweed at the Howl was discussed again and the concerns that some residents had about it spreading. It was decided to ask for this to be discussed at the Parish Forum. The clerk will add this to the email from 1210/08/02 to the NYMNP.

1210/09 Date of next meeting
The next meeting will be on November 26th at 7.30pm.

The Chairman thanked those present and the meeting closed at 8.40pm.

Signed……G C Brown…(Chairman)
Date………28 Nov 2012
top of page

Minutes of the Meeting of Lockton Parish Council held on Monday September 3rd 2012 at 7.30pm in Lockton Village Hall

Present: Cllrs. Chester Brown, Liz Stead, Jennifer Halmshaw, David Stewart & Chris King. Clerk Jackie Edenbrow. 

1209/01 Apologies
None.

1209/02 Declaration of interests
None.

1209/03 Minutes of last meeting
These were agreed & signed as a true record. 

1209/04 Matters arising/ ongoing:
/01 Village well / village seat
Ongoing.
/02 Audit 2012
This has now been approved by the external auditors. This will now be displayed in the village noticeboard.  
/03 CIF grants including New Homes Bonus
The only group interested in applying for this grant is the village hall committee who would like to refurbish the kitchen. They will prepare an estimate for the work before the next meeting of the Thornton le Dale ward grant meeting on October 1st.

1209/05 Correspondence: 
/01 NYMNP – Terrarium event – poster
The Clerk had put this poster in the village noticeboard prior to the event.
/02 NYMNP – Planning permission for solar panels
Following our enquiries regarding when planning was required for solar panels, this is notification of a retrospective application for solar panels for Grange Farm. As comments might be required before the next meeting, this was discussed. There were no objections. The Clerk will respond to the application if required.
/03 Janet Sanderson, NYCC Cllr – school bus
C Cllr Janet Sanderson had made enquiries about the school bus problem. NYCC had responded the same day as parents had notified them. 
/04 Rural Action Yorkshire – membership certificate
On village hall noticeboard.
/05 North Yorkshire Police – July statistics  
On village hall noticeboard.  
/06 Forestry Commission -  Big Tree Plant
This is a scheme to encourage tree planting by providing advice. There was no interest for Lockton.
/07 Northern Ryedale Public Transport Group – minutes & agenda
The moors bus will continue in 2013. There is a new manager at the Coastliner Malton depot who attended the last meeting. 
/08 Trackrod rally – route details
All residents had received a letter with these details.
/09 Wybone – litter bin brochure
To file.
/10 Kompan – playground equipment  
No interest.
/11 Any late post – RDC – Renewable Heat Community Funding Bid
RDC is applying for a grant to be able to assist with the installation costs of air source heat pump, biomass boiler or solar thermal hot water systems for residents.
/12 Any late post – Audit Commission – appointment of external auditor for 2012/3
Littlejohn LLP will be our external auditor next year.
/13 Any late post – Society of Local Council Clerks – membership
This is an offer of free member ship for 4 months. There is no interest.
/14 Any late post – Ryedale Voluntary Action – broadband speed test
RDC are working to deliver high speed internet. The Clerk had done the speed test. Our download speeds are acceptable.

1209/06 Cheques for signing:  
/01 Middleton Service Station – mower petrol – confirmation of payment - £39.62
/02 Mazars – audit fee - £60.00

1209/07 Planning: 
/01 None

1209/08 New Business
/01 Grass cutting
Tony Edenbrow has decided not to continue with the grass cutting next year. The vacancy will be advertised in the next Cryer.
/02 Recycling
The new recycling arrangements for plastic and cardboard will start next Monday.
/03 Parking
There had been some complaints about vehicles parked causing an obstruction when entering the village. There are fewer vehicles there now and these will decrease soon after the busy summer farming period. No action is required at the moment.

1209/09 Date of next meeting
The next meeting will be on October 15th at 7.30pm.
The Chairman thanked those present and the meeting closed at 8.15pm.

Signed……………G C Brown….(Chairman)
Date………………22nd October 2012
top of page

Minutes of the Meeting of Lockton Parish Council held on Monday July 23rd 2012 at 7.30pm in Lockton Village Hall

Present: Cllrs. Chester Brown, Liz Stead, Jennifer Halmshaw, David Stewart & Chris King. Clerk Jackie Edenbrow. 

1207/01 Apologies
None.

1207/02 Declaration of interests
None.

1207/03 Minutes of last meeting
These were agreed & signed as a true record. 

1207/04 Matters arising/ ongoing:
/01 Village well / village seat
Ongoing.
/02 Trees opposite cemetery & Howl
No one had made an definite offer though Chester had had two enquiries. Ron Mackley had offered the most. It was agreed that Chester would talk to Ron Mackley.
/03 Benches available for village
One bench had been put next to the village information board. The others were at the back of Greenways garage so they would be left for the moment.
/04 Audit 2012 
This has been sent to the external auditors.
/05 CIF grants including New Homes Bonus
An item will go in the next Cryer to see if any group was interested in applying for this. One possibility was a grant for the refurbishment of the kitchen.
/06 New code of conduct & register of members interests
A version of the new code of conduct has been produced by Ryedale District Council. It was decided to adopt this. The Councillors will complete the forms and return them to the Clerk who will then send them to the monitoring officer at RDC.
/07 Japanese knotweed 
Jennifer had made enquiries about what the NYMR had sprayed the knotweed by the track with. Chester said that he had sprayed the knotweed in the Howl recently. It was decided to see what results this had. 

1207/05 Correspondence: 
/01 NYMNP – Design Awards 2012
There was not much time to apply for this and the only recent conversions were Box Tree Barn & Square Farm Barns.
/02 NYMNP – Now & Then Exhibition – request for photos poster 
Already put on village noticeboard.
/03 NYMNP – Annual Planning Parish Training Event 
This event is on September 13th about Neighbourhood Planning. As this was really aimed at larger villages & towns, no one would attend. 
/04 NYMNP – Annual Canvas 2012
On village noticeboard.
/05 RDC – Shared ownership properties available in Thornton – poster etc.
Already put on the village noticeboard.
/06 NYCC – Ryedale Area Committee – notice & agenda 
Details noted.
/07 NYCC – Update from HighwaysThis was an update on work to be carried out in Ryedale. It included work on MillBank Road on the Levisham side. Potholes in the village were mentioned again. The Clerk has sent Janet Sanderson, our County Cllr, a list of potholes. Chester suggested that we discuss this with the Rural Watch police. The Clerk will email.
/08 NYCC – Moor to Sea cycle route 
Extra signing will be put in place now the route is complete. 
/09 YLCA – Annual Review 2011-2
On the village hall noticeboard.
/10 YLCA –Government consultation on how Parish Council’s make payments 
This is a consultation on changing the rules regarding how Parish Councils can use electronic payment methods.
/11 North Yorkshire Police – May & June statistics   
On village hall noticeboard.
/12 National Trust – request for volunteers at Nunnington Hall
It was felt that they should be looking for volunteers living nearer to Nunnington Hall.
/13 Clerks & Councils Direct
On village hall noticeboard.
/14 J Parkers – bulb catalogue 
Chester took the catalogue.
/15 Wallis – stationary brochure
To file.
/16 Glasdon – waste bin offers leaflet
No interest.
/17 Any late post - none

1207/06 Cheques for signing:  
/01 Bayes Tree Services – tree felling & crown lifting - £710.00
/02 Campbell’s of Malton – mower belt - £79.45

1207/07 Planning: 
/01 NYM/2012/0243/FL Construction of walls & roof to salt store – RAF Fylingdales
- decision - granted
/02 NYM/2012/0324/FL Variation of planning approval to allow local occupancy or holiday let at Charm View & Woodland View, High Kingthorpe
- decision - granted
/03 NYM/2012/0343/FL Replacement front & rear porches at Bluebell Cottage- withdrawn
John Schofield has sent an email explaining why he decided to withdraw the application. The NYMNP objected to a new closed porch in principle not the design so he has decided to renovate the old one.

1207/08 New Business
/01 School bus
There have been several complaints about one driver in particular on a school bus. This has now been resolved. It was decided that the Clerk should email C.CCr Janet Sanderson so that she was aware of the problems.

1207/09 Date of next meeting
The next meeting will be on September 3rd at 7.30pm.
The Chairman thanked those present and the meeting closed at 9.15pm.

Signed………G C Brown………(Chairman)
Date…………3 Sept 2012
top of page

Minutes of the Meeting of Lockton Parish Council held on Monday June 18th 2012 at 7.30pm in Lockton Village Hall

Present: Cllrs. Chester Brown, Liz Stead, Jennifer Halmshaw & David Stewart. Clerk Jackie Edenbrow.

1206/01 Apologies
There were apologies from Chris King.

1206/02 Declaration of interests
None.

1206/03 Minutes of last meeting
These were agreed & signed as a true record.

1206/04 Matters arising/ ongoing:
/01 Village well / village seat
Clair Shields from NYMNP has spoken to both the stone waller & David Stephenson.
/02 Trees opposite cemetery & Howl
This work has now been completed. More wood had been taken opposite the cemetery. The Clerk had had no response from anyone regarding purchasing the wood. Chester Brown had received a very low offer from one resident but Ron Mackley had said that he would pay at least this amount. As Ron Mackley had purchased previous wood from the Council at a reasonable price and there was a need to remove the wood before any more was taken, it was agreed that Chester Brown would arrange the sale with Ron. Jennifer Halmshaw raised the issue of the Japanese Knotweed growing the Howl. She said that the NY Moors Railway had done some spraying to try to kill it. She would try to find out what they had used.
/03 Grass cutting including risk assessment
A letter had been received from NYCC which said that the Parish Council would not be paid for any grass cutting if the insurance and risk assessment were not submitted to them by the end of May. The Clerk had received a template risk assessment from David Stewart and so had sent the required documents to NYCC in time.
/04 Benches available for village
Chester Brown had been unable to collect the benches yet but would try again shortly.
/05 Planning requirements for solar panels
A letter had been received from NYMNP Planning which stated that they always recommended contacting them before installing solar panels as planning was required in many circumstances especially where they could be seen from the road.
/06 Insurance renewal
The premium remained unchanged for this year after removing the older computer equipment which now has little value and adding the shed for the mower. The Clerk had confirmed this with Chester Brown as agreed at the last meeting and this had been paid.    
/07 Audit 2012
Steve Broadbent has carried out the internal audit. Section 2 of the audit was checked and completed and
Chester Brown & the Clerk signed this. The Clerk will now post the required documents to the external auditor by the due date. The required notification for residents has been put on the village notice board.
/08 Potholes
Some potholes within the Parish have now been repaired. A list of the outstanding areas in need of repair was made and the Clerk will report these.

1206/05 Correspondence:
/01 NYMNP – Planning Design Guide Part 4 – re-use of rural buildings
This is the final part of the design guide. A note will be put in the Cryer so that residents are aware that these are available. Liz Stead took the guide & will return it to the Clerk.
/02 NYMNP – Moors Messenger
On the village hall noticeboard.
/03 RDC – Consultation on RDC’s Licensing Authority’s Review
It was decided not to respond to this consultation on the Gambling Act.
/04 RDC – Standards Committee – notice & agenda
Details noted.
/05 RDC – Parish Liaison Meeting – agenda & date amendment
No one had been able to attend the meeting.
/06 RDC – Submission of the Ryedale Plan
This is not really relevant to Lockton as the NYMNP is our planning authority.  
/07 RDC – Chairman’s Charity Fund
The Council will choose which charities to support.
/08 RDC – Amendments to the Electoral roll
Details noted. To file.
/09 RDC – Ryedale Community Investment Fund 2012/3 
Maggie Farey is arranging a meeting between the Thornton District Councillors and representatives from each Parish Council. The date has yet to be confirmed. The Clerk will attend.
/10 YLCA – New code of conduct required by July 1st
The Parish Council has to adopt a new code of conduct. NALC has produced a template code. The Clerk will check out the requirements needed within the code and will distribute to Councillors prior to the deadline. These will then be collected at the next meeting.
/11 Audit Commission – consultation on appointment of external auditor for 2012/3
The external auditors will no longer be Mazars as a new appointment has been made. The new auditor will be Littlejohn LLP. The fees have also be renegotiated and Lockton will no longer have to pay any fees. 
/12
Yorkshire & North Yorkshire Waste Partnership - one day sale of home composters 
The poster will be put in the village noticeboard.
/13 Wallis – offer leaflet
No interest.
/14 Any late post – NYMNP – Southern Area Parish Forum meeting
The joint Parish Forum meeting will take place at Danby. No one was able to attend. The Clerk would return the response slip.
/15 Any late post – NYCC – Traffic restriction on A169
Between 23 July and 26 October, road repairs will take place on the A169 at Saltersgate resulting in a width restriction for 5 nights.

1206/06 Cheques for signing: 
/01 Middleton Service Station – mower petrol - £41.10
/02 Rural Action Yorkshire – annual subscription - £35.00
/03 J Bentley – jubilee celebration - £50.00

1206/07 Planning:
/01 NYM/2011/0263/FL Construction of one local occupancy dwelling at The Rowans
- decision - granted
/02 NYM/2012/0324/FL Variation of planning approval to allow local occupancy or holiday let at Charm View & Woodland View, High Kingthorpe
There were no objections. The Clerk will email planning.
/03 NYM/2012/0343/FL Replacement front & rear porches at Bluebell Cottage
The application was discussed and the Councillors approved the new porch which would be an improvement on the existing one. The Clerk will email planning supporting the application.

1206/08 New Business
/01 Cardboard / plastic recycling in Lockton
The Clerk had phoned RDC to ask when cardboard recycling would start in Lockton as it had been due to start by the end of April. Apparently there have been problems with the vehicles and the recycling should start by the end of July.
/02 Damaged wall by the Howl
David Foster has offered to repair the damaged wall.
/03 Christmas Cards
There was a discussion on whether to go ahead with a village Christmas Card with proceeds going to a local charity. It became clear that there were a lot of complications about the scale of donations and which charity to donate to. There were concerns that this collection for charity could detract from the Carol singing in the village which raised funds for St Catherines. It was decided not to go ahead with this.
Sandra Culley arrived.
/04 Chippings by the cemetery
Sandra Culley expressed concerns about the chippings left near the cemetery as they were from diseased wood. It was not feasible to bury or burn them in situ. The Clerk will email Paul Harris at NYMNP for advice.

1206/09 Date of next meeting
The next meeting will be on July 23rd at 7.30pm.
The Chairman thanked those present and the meeting closed at
9.25pm.

Signed……G C Brown……(Chairman)

Date………23 July 2012
top of page


Minutes of the Meeting of Lockton Parish Council held on Monday May 14th 2012 at 7.30pm in Lockton Village Hall

Present: Cllrs. Chester Brown, Liz Stead, Jennifer Halmshaw & David Stewart. Also Sandra Culley. Clerk Jackie Edenbrow.

1205/01 Apologies
There were apologies from Chris King.

1205/02 Declaration of interests
None.

1205/03 Minutes of last meeting
These were agreed & signed as a true record.

1205/04 Matters arising/ ongoing:
/01 Village well / village seat
The Clerk still has to write to David Stephenson & the stone waller.
/02 Bus stop hard standing
These have now been completed. A quote has recently been received from Alan Sawdon. It was a cheaper quote but he was told when we asked for the quote that the work had to be completed by the end of March.
/03 Trees opposite cemetery & Howl
This work has now been completed. Some wood was removed from opposite the cemetery within an hour or so of the work being completed. A van was seen there by a number of residents. The Clerk will report this to the police. A note will be put in the next Cryer about the sale of the wood. It was decided that the Clerk should contact Paul Harris at NYMNP to enquire about any problems with removing diseased wood. David Bayes, the tree surgeon, suggested that if there was any money available a half day’s maintenance work to remove any other dead branches and crown lift would save money in the long term. It was decided to carry out this work. The Clerk will ring him.
/04 Grass cutting including risk assessment
We have received the form from NYCC so that we can claim for next year’s grass cutting. David Stewart will try to find a suitable risk assessment so that the Clerk can send a copy to NYCC.
/05 Benches available for village
These are in the garage at Greeways. Jennifer Halmshaw & Chester Brown will arrange for them to be taken to the cricket field.
/06 Tree in village hall garden
Some holly had been anonymously donated following from the appeal in the last Cryer. Also Colin Culley had done some planting. Chester Brown asked Sandra Culley to pass on our thanks to Colin.
/07 Planning requirements for solar panels
The Clerk had emailed NYMNP regarding when planning was required for solar panels but had not received a reply yet.

1205/05 Correspondence:
/01 NYMNP – Southern Area Parish Forum agenda & notice
Jennifer Halmshaw & Jackie Edenbrow are attending this meeting tomorrow.
/02 RDC – Parish Liaison meeting notification
Details noted.
/03 RDC – Standards Committee agenda & minutes
Details noted.
/04 RDC – Precept remittance advice
To file.
/05 RDC – The Ryedale Plan – Local Plan Strategy
As our planning is controlled by the National Park, this plan is not relevant to us.
/06 RDC – Closed churchyard consultation
This was completed and the Clerk will post this to RDC. It was decided that the Council would reply positively to the question on applying to RDC to transfer responsibility.
/07 YLCA – White Rose Update
On village hall noticeboard.
/08 Rural Action Yorkshire – Country Air
On village hall noticeboard.
/09 North Yorkshire Police – March & April statistics
On village hall noticeboard.
/10 Northern Ryedale Public Transport Group – agenda
Details noted.
/11 Fields in Trust – QEII Fields Challenge
It was decided to make enquiries regarding applying to make the cricket field into a QEII field in trust.
/12 Zurich Municipal – Insurance renewal
The renewal has been received. This was discussed and it was decided to remove some items from the insurance. Items such as the laptop now have very little value. However the new shed should be included. It was decided not to write the cheque tonight but the Clerk will discuss these changes with Zurich. The Councillors agreed that Chester Brown would be delegated with the power to agree to the final quote as this would need to be paid before the next meeting.
/13 HM Revenue & Customs – notification to complete Annual Return online
The Clerk must now complete an Annual Return for the last year. The Clerk had tried to discuss some tax details with the tax office but they would only do this with any bank signatory. Chester Brown signed a letter to be sent to the tax office asking that they will discuss tax issues with the Clerk in future.
/14 Mazars – external audit
The Clerk has spoken to Stephen Broadbent who has agreed to do the internal audit for this year.
/15 Clerks & Councils Direct
On the village hall noticeboard.
/16 Plantscape - jubilee brochure
No interest.
/17 Glasdon – brochure of bins, seats etc
No interest.
/18 S J Danby Ltd – play area equipment leaflet
No interest.
/19 Nottssport – muga synthetic surfacing leaflet
No interest.
/20 Wallis Business Services – offer leaflet
No interest.
/21 Any late post – Aon insurance proposal form
We were insured with Aon previously. They would know that the renewal date was June 1st so this was sent too late for us to consider them this year.
/22 Any late post – RDC Community Investment fund
This detailed two funds which are available for 2012/13. One is for the Wards where new homes have been built recently. The Clerk will try to find out more details.
/23 Any late post – YLCA – meeting agenda & minutes
Details noted.

1205/06 Cheques for signing:
/01 Middleton Service Station – mower petrol – confirmation of payment - £42.93
/02 Wallis Business Services Ltd – inks & paper – confirmation of payment - £346.69
/03 G Cockerill – bus stop hard standings - £1140.00
/04 Zurich Municipal – insurance - £561.62
This cheque was not signed – see item 1205/05/12

1205/07 Planning:
/01 NYM/2011/0845/FL Conversion & extension to form 1 holiday cottage at Cherry Tree Farm following demolition of greenhouse – decision - granted
/02 NYM/2012/0243/FLConstruction of walls & roof to salt store – RAF Fylingdales
There were no objections.

1205/08 New Business
/01 Damage to green by horsechestnut tree
It was agreed that with cars parking nearby making the road very narrow, it was impossible to stop traffic having to go onto the grass to get by.
/02 Possible grant to Jubilee tea party organisers
A tea party is to take place on the Monday of the Jubilee weekend. The organisers have asked if the Parish Council would make a donation towards the cost of any expenditure such as the toast & bunting. The village hall Committee is making a contribution. As the event is for the whole village it was felt that the Parish Council should support this. A donation of up to £50 was proposed depending on the final expenditure.
/03 Poor state of churchyard wall on Back Lane
Having looked closely at the wall it was decided that no work needed to take place at the moment.
/04 Potholes in the village
Some potholes have been filled by the village hall but there are many more in the village. The Clerk will contact NYCC.

1205/09 Date of next meeting
The next meeting will be on June 18th at 7.30pm.
The Chairman thanked those present and the meeting closed at 9.15pm.

Signed……G C Brown……(Chairman)
Date………18 June 2012
top of page





Community Web Kit provided free by BT